Diaper rash is a common form of inflamed skin (dermatitis) which appears as a patchwork of bright red skin on your child’s bottom.
Diaper rash is frequently related to moist or infrequently changed diapers, skin sensitivity, and chafing. It typically affects infants, though anybody who wears a diaper frequently can develop the condition.
A diaper rash may alarm parents and annoy babies. However, it usually clears up using simple at-home treatments, for example, air drying, more frequent diaper changes, and ointment.
When To See A Doctor
If your child’s skin does not improve after a few days of home treatment, talk to your health care provider. Sometimes, you’re going to require a prescription medication to treat diaper rash.
Have your child examined if the rash:
- Is severe or unusual
- Gets worse despite home treatment
- Bleeds, itches or oozes
- Causes pain or burning with urination or a bowel movement
- Is accompanied by a fever
So, I’ve listed top 10 best Diaper Rash Cream For Newborns below, you should see it before purchasing
List of 10 Best Diaper Rash Cream For Newborns
1. The Honest Company, Diaper Rash Cream, 2.5 oz
Gentle diaper rash relief—bottom line. Our Honest diaper cream with non-nano zinc oxide and organic ingredients forms a protective layer on babies’ skin to soothe irritation due to diaper rash. When applied at the first sign of redness, it reduces the duration and severity of diaper rash. Non-nano zinc oxide helps reduce and prevent redness and symptoms of inflammation.
- Gentle and effective: Honest diaper rash cream forms a protective barrier on babies’ skin to provide relief and soothe irritation; Our diaper cream reduces the duration and severity of diaper rash when applied at the first sign of redness
- Nsf certified: Our Nsf certified gentle non Nano zinc oxide diaper rash formula helps reduce and prevent redness and symptoms of inflammation; Our hypoallergenic diaper cream is made from organic plant and mineral derived ingredients
- Made without: Parabens, petroleum, synthetic fragrances, dyes, silicones, petrolatum, mineral oil, lanolin, or pegs because we believe you shouldn’t have to choose between what works and what’s good for you
- Plant-based: Perfect for kids, our wipes’ medical-grade cloth is made from sustainably harvested plant-based material and is ultra-thick and durable. they’re embossed and interlocked for extra loft and softness and for easy pop-up dispensing
- Honest purpose: We love your babies; That’s why we err on the side of caution when it comes to ingredient selection, doing our best to avoid chemicals of concern; We use smart ingredients and create trusted products that work
2. Diaper Rash Cream Spray by Boogie Bottoms, Travel Friendly No-Rub Touch Free Application for Sensitive Skin, from The Maker of Boogie Wipes, Over 200 Sprays per Bottle, 1.7 oz
Our no-rub diaper rash spray is a creamy, soothing diaper rash cream designed to help treat and prevent diaper rash – with no mess! Its spray-on application is fast and easy to use with one hand. Just spray and soothe.
- REVOLUTIONARY DIAPER-RASH CREAM: Boogie Bottoms No-Rub Diaper Rash Spray is a professional-grade, soothing diaper rash cream in a SPRAY form
- HELPS TREAT & PREVENT DIAPER RASH: Zinc oxide touchless spray provides a therapeutic effect and forms a protective barrier to seal out wetness, help maintain skin’s moisture balance, protect sensitive or chafed skin and speed healing
- TOUCHLESS CARE: Its touch-free application is easy-to-use with one hand and stays where it’s sprayed without running or caking Touchless spray reduces the potential for cross-contamination during use without mess, inconvenience or painful application if skin is already irritated
- ADVANCED INGREDIENTS: Concentrated 25% Microfine Zinc Oxide covers a greater surface area with smaller particles that fit into skin crevices to soothe irritation 20% Dimethicone creates a translucent, thin, breathable barrier that helps bond the zinc oxide to the skin and helps prevent irritation from moisture and friction Free of fragrances, dyes and parabens
- EFFICIENT SPRAY BOTTLE: Over 200 sprays per bottle and yields less waste than traditional tube or jarred diaper rash creams Its spray format saves time, reduces mess and is convenient to use on-the-go
3. Aquaphor Baby Diaper Rash Paste – Fast Relief For Troublesome Diaper Rash and Flare-ups – 3.5 Oz. Tube
Aquaphor Baby diaper rash paste provides immediate soothing relief in just one application and protects your baby’s delicate skin from diaper rash. Enriched with natural Shea Butter, the creamy, non-sticky formula is gentle to apply and easy to clean off.
- Aquaphor Baby Diaper Rash Paste, enriched with Shea Butter, provides immediate soothing relief in just one application
- Use Diaper Rash Paste on more troublesome rashes and anytime exposure to wet diapers may be prolonged
- Formulated with maximum strength 40% Zinc Oxide that intensively treats diaper rash and creates a barrier to protect your baby’s irritated skin
- The rich, non-sticky cream goes on gently and cleans off easy but protects your baby’s skin all night long
- Specifically to suit the sensitive skin of babies: Paraben, fragrance & talc free; Hypoallergenic & Odor Free
4. A+D Original Diaper Rash Ointment, Baby Diaper Rash Cream and Skin Protectant With Lanolin, 16 Ounce (Pack of 1)
If you have an infant or toddler, you probably know what diaper rash looks like. Red, bumpy, chafed skin is no fun for babies or their parents A+D Original Ointment for diaper rash is a smart addition to your collection of baby skincare products. Safe to use at every diaper change, it’s easy to apply and gentle on tender bottoms. A+D ointment helps prevent diaper rash by forming a protective barrier to help seal out wetness.
- Pediatrician recommended: A plus D original ointment is a top choice among baby diaper rash products recommended by pediatricians
- Treats and prevents diaper rash: Lanolin and petrolatum combine to help seal out wetness and prevent diaper rash for your precious baby
- Protects baby’s delicate skin: A+D original ointment temporarily protects the skin of your infant or toddler from wetness and helps to relieve the discomfort of chapped, chafed, and cracked skin
- Easy to apply: You don’t need an applicator or spatula to apply A+D original ointment. This gentle formula is smooth and spreads evenly
- Relieves your chapped skin and lips: Not just for babies with diaper rash, A+D original ointment with lanolin can also be used to protect your chafed skin and lips, too
5. Weleda Diaper Rash Cream, 2.9 Ounce
This gentle and nourishing botanical possesses soothing properties. Commonly referred to as Marigold, this annual herb is from the Family Asteraceae, the Sunflower Family. The Calendula plant is comprised of carotenoids, flavonoids and essential oils.
- Contains 1 – 2.8 Ounce Diaper Rash Cream
- Cares for delicate skin of the diaper area. Soothes skin and diminishes the appearance of redness while supporting baby’s skin.
- Protects against dampness.
- Certified natural by NATRUE and free from synthetic preservatives, fragrances, colorants or raw materials derived from mineral oils.
- Dermatologically tested and highly skin-friendly even for sensitive skin.
6. Boudreaux’s Butt Paste Diaper Rash Ointment | Maximum Strength | 4 Ounce (Pack of 1) Tube | Paraben & Preservative Free
Let’s Kick Some Rash; Boudreaux’s Butt Paste was specifically formulated by a pharmacist (George Boudreaux) with direction from a respected pediatrician to provide effective diaper rash care. Today, we’re focused on continuing George’s commitment to provide products that meet and exceed parents’ expectations for baby care.
- Boudreaux’s maximum strength butt paste contains 40% zinc oxide, 2x more rash fighting power than original butt paste. Zinc oxide is FDA recognized ingredient proven to treat and help prevent diaper rash. Boudreaux’s maximum strength butt paste starts healing on contact and ideal for moderate to severe diaper rash.
- No harsh ingredients: Free of dye, paraben, preservative, phthalate, and talc. Made with 6 simple ingredients designed to be effective in kicking diaper rash but gentle on babies’ skin
- Boudreaux’s Maximum Strength Butt Paste is a diaper rash paste that has the thickest barrier of protection when compared to other leading zinc oxide diaper rash creams (like Desitin, A+D, and Aquaphor). Pediatricians recommend a diaper rash cream/ointment that leaves a thick barrier, like Butt Paste, for effective treatment of diaper rash
- Pediatrician recommended diaper rash brand: Boudreaux’s Maximum Strength Butt Paste protects chafed skin due to diaper rash and helps seal out wetness. It is also a great way to help prevent diaper rash when applied on daily basis.
- Boudreaux’s Butt Paste has been trusted for over 40 years by pediatricians and parents. It was developed by a pharmacist and father of four.
7. Desitin Daily Defense Baby Diaper Rash Cream with Zinc Oxide to Treat, Relieve & Prevent diaper rash, Hypoallergenic, Dye-, Phthalate- & Paraben-Free, 16 oz
Use Desitin Daily Defense Diaper Rash Cream every day to soothe, treat and prevent diaper rash. This hypoallergenic and Pediatrician-tested formula instantly forms a protective barrier on your baby’s tender skin and is clinically shown to provide diaper rash relief. It is designed to work at the first hint of diaper rash to help heal and soothe your baby’s skin.
- Made with zinc oxide, its fast-acting hypoallergenic formula helps seal out wetness to treat diaper rash from the first signs and is clinically shown to provide diaper rash relief. This diaper cream is specially formulated for babies’ tender skin and is paraben-, phthalate- and dye-free so it’s gentle enough to use at every diaper change. Its creamy formula goes on smoothly and wipes off easily, making Desitin Daily Defense Diaper Rash Cream your trusted partner for treating diaper rash from the first signs
8. A+D Original Diaper Ointment, 4 Ounce (Pack of 4)
If you have an infant or toddler, you probably know what diaper rash looks like. Red, bumpy, chafed skin is no fun for babies or their parents! A+D Original Ointment for diaper rash is a smart addition to your collection of baby skincare products. Safe to use at every diaper change, it’s easy to apply and gentle on tender bottoms. A+D ointment helps prevent diaper rash by forming a protective barrier to help seal out wetness.
- “For External use only When using this product Do not get into eyes Stop use and ask a doctor if condition worsens symptoms last more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days Do not use on deep or puncture wounds animal bites serious burns Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.”
- PEDIATRICIAN RECOMMENDED: A+D Original Ointment is a top choice among baby skincare products recommended by pediatricians.
- TREATS AND PREVENTS DIAPER RASH: Lanolin and petrolatum combine to soothe and prevent diaper rash and sore bottom for your precious baby.
- PROTECTS SENSITIVE SKIN: A+D Ointment, containing lanolin and petrolatum, is a skin protectant, especially formulated to protect chafed skin due to diaper rash and helps seal out wetness.
- EASY TO APPLY: You don’t need an applicator or spatula to apply A+D to rash. This gentle formula is smooth and spreads evenly.
9. Burt’s Bees Baby 100% Natural Diaper Rash Ointment – 3 Ounce (Pack of 1)
Burt’s Bees Baby diaper ointment, cream, wipes and powder are the perfect soothing solutions for your baby’s delicate skin. They’re naturally made to keep your little one feeling safe, soft and pampered every single day.
- BABY DIAPER OINTMENT: Treat and prevent diaper rash in a safe, effective and natural way with this ointment that leaves baby bottoms soft and dry.
- SOOTH SKIN: Made with 40% Zinc Oxide and Sweet Almond Oil, this maximum strength ointment helps calm and protect irritated skin against moisture.
- BABY SKIN CARE: Enriched with shea butter, lavender oil and jojoba seed oil, this rash ointment naturally revitalizes your baby’s delicate skin.
- NATURAL BABY CARE: This 100% natural diaper rash ointment is formulated without parabens, phthalates, petrolatum or SLS and is not tested on animals.
- PEDIATRICIAN TESTED: This Burt’s Bees diaper rash ointment is clinically proven to be safe, effective and non-irritating for everyday, soothing relief.
10. Baby Diaper Rash Balm – USDA Certified Organic Soothing Diaper Rash Treatment for Sensitive Skin Care. Natural Ointment to Nourish and Protect from Infection, Chafing and Irritation Era-Organics
Our gentle, non-allergenic diaper rash ointment is made for sensitive, irritated skin on your baby’s bottom. It works to protect from inflammation, moisture and chafing. Its natural herbal ingredients even help guard against infection.
- THE BEST BABY DIAPER RASH BALM WITHOUT THE CHEMICALS! Extra nourishing and hydrating USDA organic diaper balm to prevent chafing, irritation and excess moisture. Give your baby instant and long term relief or your MONEY BACK thanks to our manufacturer guarantee!
- Soothe, repair and help prevent diaper rash, chafing and irritation with organic ingredients scientifically proven as a natural diaper rash treatment. Help soothe and protect seborrheic dermatitis, baby eczema and more.
- Nourish and Protect Delicate Skin: USDA Certified Organic, made with Sunflower Oil, Beeswax, Cocoa Butter, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil and Chamomile, Calendula and more.
- Our gentle, hypoallergenic diaper rash cream is made for sensitive, irritated skin on your baby’s bottom. Protect from moisture, inflammation, chafing and infection.
- As Safe As It Is Effective- Our diaper rash ointment is 100% natural and organic, containing no toxins, parabens, SLS, alcohol, mineral oil, petrolatum or other skin damaging ingredients.
Diaper rashes are an unavoidable part of babies’ lives and even the most well-cared-for babies get it. When moisture or wetness is present in the areas surrounding the butt and urine leaks are added to that, the pH level rises and irritates the skin. So, I hope that with useful information about diaper rash cream for newborns above, you can choose for your kid a suitable one. Goodluck !